Monday, January 31, 2011

January Recap and My New Love

Whew.  January certainly seemed to fly.  Typically, it's a hard month for me.  The holidays are over, and all that remains is the aftermath.  A destroyed house, an extra 5 pounds, not a whole lot coming up to look forward to.

This month had some of that, but there was a lot of other stuff going on.  Work was busy (which is great), and I found my new soulmate workout: TurboFire.   Made it VERY easy to meet my exercise goal for the month.

So all in all I was pleased with how I did on my goals this month.  I drank only one soda every day, except for one day.  That day I was on a work trip and needed the bump.  But other than that - one soda, every day, even on the weekends!

I worked out for 797 minutes.  Yeah buddy. 

The dining room is cleaned out.  Now I need to get the furniture donated.

I kept a close eye on the money all month and did well!

I also read The Hunger Games.  LOVE THIS BOOK.  I can't wait to read the sequel.  I'm also working on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

I want to talk about TurboFire.  Very intense cardio workout.  All of them.  I love it.  I'm getting better at the steps and following her cues.  Love this work out.  While I haven't really lost weight with it, I feel like my mid section is more toned, and my endurance is up.  My RHR is also around 65, which I think is awesome. 

I miss Zumba.  January did not permit me to get to Zumba much this month.  Between having a sick baby, a sick husband, being out of town, and then wanting to spend time with my family after having been out of town, not to mention weather.....I think I went 3 times.   I miss it.  I won't get to go until Monday, Feb. 7. 

I need to ponder my Februrary goals a little more before I publish them.  I need to decide exactly what I want to accomplish.  Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment