We are well into the year of 2011, and I haven't found the time to dedicate to a good blog entry. But, halfway into January, here we are.
First, I want to recap my goals from 2010 and how they ended out.
1. Weight: I hit my ultimate goal and maintained it. Yeah, the holidays did a little damage to my little number, but we're on our way back down.
2. 60 minutes of exercise a week. I did not hit this every week (maybe missed 4) but my overall fitness minutes certainly averaged out to 60 a week.
3. The Van Gogh...Certainly did not finish it. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started it. But, I"m satisfied with my progress.
4. I nursed my daughter for the first year of her life.
5. Brad and I fulfilled our emergency fund.
6. I ran a 5K.
Good times!
Now, on to 2011. Only 3 for the whole year:
1. Read 12 books (I'm not as great about reading as I'd like to be)
2. Work out 3 times a week for 20 minutes each pop.
3. Complete 1.5 pages of the Van Gogh.
I will also set monthly Goals.
For January:
1. Drink 1 can of soda per day
2. Work out for 600 minutes
3. Pack up our dining room (we are redecorating it)
4. Manage our finances
So far, I'm crushing these goals. I've only had one can of soda per day in 2011, worked out for 406 minutes, and kept a good eye on our finances. Feeling really good about things.
TurboFire
I ordered the TurboFire workout DVD series. I love Jillian, but I needed a change. And this change was awesome. I love these workouts. They are high intensity, get my heartrate through the roof and burn a ton of calories. I"ve only been working with these DVDs for 2 weeks and I can already see a huge difference in my core. I took some measurements at the beginning of the month and will do so again at the end of the month to see how things went. I have about 2 pounds or so I still need to get off from the holidays, but it will happen.
And I still love Zumba.
And because I'm not obsessed enough with all of this stuff, I got a Heart Rate Monitor to keep tabs on my heart rate and calories burned during workouts. God help us all.
I'm really excited about 2011. I'm enjoying the new challenges my career has afforded me. I'm looking forward to watching my daughter grow. And I'm trying not to think too hard about the fact that I'm turning 30 this year. Yikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment