Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week 35 Recap and an AWARD!

The weeks seem to go so quickly these days.  My 35th week was not my best, but certainly not the worst.  I also received a blog award from my dear friend Stephanie.  We'll talk about that later.

Goal recap:

Goal #1: Weight Loss
I did not weigh this week.  My clothes fit well all week, and I felt great.  I journaled every day.  I went over my calorie goal by 50 on Saturday & Sunday, and by much more than 50 on Thursday (Brad's birthday).  But what's important is that when Friday rolled around, I was back in the game and not thrown off by my (planned) splurge the night before. 

One thing I learned on Thursday though....I knew dinner and dessert was going to be a huge splurge.  Brad wanted pizza and frozen custard.  It's his birthday - in our family, you decide what you want on your birthday.  I tried very very hard to keep calories low during the day to minimize by overage for the day.  I fell into the trap of "eat as light as possible...and then you starve."  I was very very hungry through the day.  But, instead of overindulging at dinner, I had a 100 calorie snack to prevent the binging at dinner.  I still went over, but I think it would have been much worse.  I'm glad I listened to my hunger during the day so it didn't talk me into making bad decisions at night.

Goal #2: Exercise
150 minutes this week - not as much because I missed Zumba on Thursday for Brad's birthday, which was fine.  I did another full Zumba class with my two pound wrist weights.  And ran another straight 28 minutes.  Feeling pretty good about all that :o)

Goal #3:  Van Gogh
Incremental progress only. 

Goal #6: 5K Training
See above - ran another straight 28 minutes.  Booyah.

And the Award Goes To:

My dear friend Stephanie gave me a blog award.  She writes "I'm My Favorite" which is a blog about her own wellness journey.  Stephanie has inspired me in so many ways with her own wellness journey, not to mention her dedication to her family and her career.  She is, indeed, my favorite as well :o)


So, apparently, Here's how it works:




The Rules:



1. Post who gave you this award
Thank you Stephanie :o)
2. State 10 things you like (and I'm leaving out family and friends because that would fill the list):

Music

Diet Coke

Zumba

Taking pictures

TV shows including USA network shows, Castle, and The Big Bang Theory

Social Media

Pedicures

Netflix

Firepits

Burger with blue cheese and bacon (what?  I'm human!)

3. Give this award to 10 other bloggers and notify them with a comment (this was hard....so I did the best I could!!)

Culinary Creations by Jill
Everyday Adventures with Allyson & Molly
Family of Four
Pontus Family
itsnotaboutnicci
Growing Reids
Katezramblings
:o)

1 comment: