Saturday, September 11, 2010

Week 36 Recap

Time for a recap!!  I would give this week and overall 4 out of 5 stars. 

Goal #1: Weight Loss
I really should just rename this goal as I don't think I'm trying to really lose weight anymore...just maintain.  This has become more about my calorie intake, huh?  Well, having said that, Saturday I did not even attempt to count calories.  We went out on on the town for Brad's birthday.  I enjoyed the food and drink, but did not feel like I over-indulged.  And when I woke up on Sunday, it was back to "business as usual."  Even with the holiday thrown into the week, I managed to stay within my range.  My challenge to myself for this weekend is water on the weekends.  For some reason I think Diet Coke is water on Saturdays and Sundays, and that's not true apparently.  So I'm challenging myself to drink 64 oz of water at home.  Will update on THAT goal next week!

Goal #2: Exercise
This week was chalk full of "exercise fails."  But, I overcam them.  Let me explain...

Monday: Because of Labor Day, Zumba was canceled at the gym.  Oh the simulated horror!!!!!  Instead, I did Jillian's No More Trouble Zones.  Either my muscles are more out of shape than I realized or I was REALLY into it because I was sore as all get out.  Go figure.

Tuesday: I was all set to get up and run in the morning.  Had my clothes out, alarm set, went to bed early.  To run in the morning, I have to get up at 5 a.m.  Brad also gets up at 5, but I never hear his alarm, so I have to set my own.  I was READY AND JAZZED to run for 30 minutes. 

I woke up on my own.  Weird.  That never happens.  What time is it? 

5:30.  Fail.  I had set my alarm...my MWF alarm.  But it's Tuesday.  Stupid holiday.  No way I can get up, run, then get me and Natalie ready for the day.  Darn it! 

I made up for the Fail by doing Jillian's Cardio Kick Box DVD with my wrist weights (Brad runs at night).  So, even though there was a work out fail in the morning, I was proud of myself for doing something at night.

Wednesday: Up and at 'em at 5 a.m.!  Let's GO!  Time to run for 30 minutes.  Let's GO! 

Got on the treadmill, then somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes, my body just....quit.  It just stopped.  I hit a wall (figuratively, not literally).  Well that sucks.

Thursday was Zumba.  Just awesome.  I love Zumba.

So....a couple of fails for the week, but all in all I got 160 minutes in, and overcame one of the fails.  Not too bad.

Goal #3: Van Gogh
I don't think I worked on this once all week.  Talk about a fail.

Goal #6: 5K Training
See above running fail.  Whoops.  But...TODAY I RAN THAT FULL 30 MINUTES!!!!  WHOO HOO!!!!!  In total (with the warm up and cool down) I covered 3.66 miles....3 of that was running.  I am so proud of myself.  I have NEVER run that long.  I was so not an athlete in my youth...your stereotypical "picked last" kid.  The epitomy of my athleticism was marching band.  So running at all is an accomplishment...but I"m really really proud of myself for running for 30 minutes.  Like...so proud I'm looking forward to doing it again. 

Enjoy your week - make it great!!!  Challenge yourself to make a change to improve your wellness.  Mine....getting in my water for the weekend!!!  Share your self-challenge!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I think Diet Coke is water on the weekends too! My poor kidneys.

    ReplyDelete