The last couple of weeks have been really really crazy, not leaving a lot of time for blogging. So, sorry about that.
I write this with mixed results. The week of the 10th was amazing - I lost two pounds!! I averaged 1366 calories/day for the week, only going outside of my calorie range once, and then only by 20 calories. I logged 210 fitness minutes. I'm below my WW goal, and 1.4 away from my "ultimate" goal.
Last weekend was rough food-wise. I went over cals both on Saturday & Sunday. I traveled for work, and there was not a lot of water to be had on Tuesday or Wednesday. I averaged 1614 calories/day. I did, however, log in 180 fitness minutes. I chose not to weigh this week because I don't need the scale confirming what I already know. Plus, there were "other influences" that would have a negative impact on my weight.
An interesting note about Sunday - I participated in what they call "hogging." I ate way too much. Past the point of comfort. Past the point of fullness. To the point of discomfort. Gross. It was not pretty - I felt so disgusting and bloated for the next day and a half. Lesson learned. My body is just not used to eating like that anymore. My body was ticked at me.
I heard something the other day...."If you give your body what it wants, it will give it what you want. The opposite is also true." Truer words were never spoken.
Given that, I'm putting this week behind me and moving forward into a new week. My goal this week is to give my body what it wants and less of what it doesn't need.
Changing speeds a little...last week something kind of cool happened.
I go to Zumba twice a week, and for the last several weeks I've sported 2-pound wrist weights. I've been very proud of myself for not having to modify many of the moves to accomodate the weights AND wearing them for the whole 55-minute workout. (I've also noticed my arms are more toned since doing this, which is awesome).
Last Monday, the instructor approached me after class asking about them. Since then, she's been really killing the high intensity heavy-on-the-arms moves...which has been awesome! I don't really think there's a method to her madness, but let's pretend it's all about me (I kid I kid!).
Also, I've had women in the class asking about them. It's crazy!! It's also more motivating for me to keep wearing them. It's SO easy to take the "easy way" and not wear them.....but now it's my "thing." Sure, I'm internalizing it all....but anything to keep me going!!!
Three weeks until the 5K!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment