Ah November. November 2010 and I didn't seem to get along very well in the fitness arena. Just a lot of stuff going on.
We went on a fantastic vacation to visit one of my best friends and her amazing family. Before the trip ended, sickness hit our family. Natalie first, then Brad. I think I got a bit of a flu bug, but I fought it off and went through the week. But, as it goes, that week took a hit. I then had a very successful two weeks until, of course, those holidays hit! OK, holiDAY, which I used as an excuse to eat the cookie that came with my boxed lunch from Bread Co during a conference call at work (which, as it happens, was NOT on Thanksgiving), as well as other various opporunities to just not....care. Never mind that I haven't exercised since Zumba on Monday.
Sigh.
For the goals I set for myself, I am sorry to say that I failed each except, weirdly, the weight goal. I fell short on my exercise minutes, I didn't finish the book, I didn't get as far on the stitch as I wanted to, and I BARELY got started on the Christmas shopping.
But, lessons learned. I set the exercise goal too high for starting late. I'll hit 400 by the end of the month...maybe even 500. I need to be better about reading. I want to read. I enjoy it. But either I decide to spend my last 20 minutes of awake time every night or just go straight to sleep.
The stitch I did not get to spend as much time on as I'd hoped. Somehow things just get too busy and I fall behind. Lots of time in the car coming up in December.
So I'm contemplating my goals for December. I am planning to have stronger resolve than November and just do it. The dusts of November have settled. My overall plan to maintain my weight through December is to stick to "the plan" most days and keeping my head on straight during the "off days." I don't want to stress over the holiday parties and nights out this month. But the tradeoff is I have to be on my A game on the other days.
I can tell you that one goal FOR SURE will be to drink >60 oz of water every day. As I type this, my fingers feel so puffy from the lack of water and surplus of diet soda I have drank today!!!
See ya November! While some things you offered were fun and enjoyable, you kinda kicked my butt. I'm done with you and ready to move on to DECEMBER!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment