I am so happy to report that of the 5 goals I set for myself at the beginning of October, I completed four of them by October 31. The only one I did not complete was the goal I set for the cross stitch project. I worked on it a ton, and I do not think I would have made the progress on it that I did without the motivation of the goal.
But, I lost my two pounds (and then a fraction more), ran my 5K, logged more than 600 fitness minutes, and started and finished the latest Stephanie Plum novel.
I would really like to tell you that I have built on the momentum of October's success, set and started working on November goals. But I can't tell you that. The first week of November was a very difficult one for me emotionally and in regards to fitness....oh dear. However, tomorrow is a new day, and I know I can and I will turn it around.
So, here are my November goals:
- Maintain weight under 1x5.
- Log 600 fitness minutes (this will be especially challenging as I currently have 0 in my log)
- Finish Naked Heat by Richard Castle (I'm about 4 chapters in...not very far)
- Complete a full row on the Van Gogh
- Start Christmas shopping. Having half of it done by Dec. 1 would be ideal
So...there we have it. In my mind, the first day of November is tomorrow and the last week just didn't "count." I think we all need that kind of liberation from time to time. To be 100% perfect all the time is setting oneself up to fail I think. What is important here is not spinning out versus not spinning out, but reeling onself in AFTER spinning out. Control the spin. Spinning out is going to happen. But controlling the spin and putting an end on it and sticking to that end is what matters. One meal, one day, one week of spinning is what it is. But it's important, I think, not to let the momentum from the spin overrun your momentum for wellness.
What are your goals for November?
No comments:
Post a Comment