I went to my first Zumba class tonight. Overall the jury is out. I think a big part of it is because the instructor was not the normal instructor, but an instructor from another class. She didn't offer any cues or anything, so it was really hard to follow her. I was also kind of intimidated because the two women in front of me knew all the moves, moved quickly, and the ground beneath their feet seemed to be on fire and they had springs in their shoes. They were awesome at it, don't get me wrong. But you know how it is when you're trying something new and there are people around you who know it like the back of their hand.
The regular instructor is back on Tuesday. I'm going to go back and keep plugging away at it. I think I'll really like it once I get into the swing of it. I feel kind of bad because I didn't fall in love with it right away. There were definitely moments I was enjoying myself and, dare I say, having fun. But reflecting back on it, I've decided to withhold my verdict until I experience a class with the regular instructor.
Let me know how it goes...I've been wanting to take a class at my gym but have been super intimidated.
ReplyDelete