5K
OK, first things first. The 5K is this weekend. I'm ready for it. I've run my own 5Ks at home, and I've been making what I think it pretty decent time. My latest was 28 minutes 8 seconds. I try to pace through the run then at a certain point near the end, I've been sprinting to the "finish line." I am so proud of myself on this. I'm not sure I really want to do anything more (like a 10K or a half or a full marathon), but I'm very excited that I've come so far!
Number Game
The scale and I are not speaking at the moment. Despite doing everything right and working out a ton, the numbers aren't doing what they should be. Additionally, this last weekend we were out of town for a wedding, and there was much food to be had. My plan is to check the numbers on the 29th - giving me plenty of time to undo any damage from the weekend. But, my clothes fit well, and I am keeping track of that and how I feel in my own skin.
Goal Updates
My goals for October are going OK. The running is good, and I've completed more than half of my fitness minutes for the month. I started Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evonovich....and left my copy at the pedicure place. Whoops. Doing OK with the Van Gogh too.
Zumba Awesomeness
I wrote in an earlier blog about the comments at Zumba about my wristweights. Well, last night, one of the girls walked in - SPORTING HER OWN SET! And she ROCKED them! And let me tell you, Laurie did NOT give us an easy night. I thought maybe it was just me, but everyone in that room was sweating buckets.
Going Forward
So, the next two weeks are dedicated to accomplishing the goals mentioned in my previous post, especially #2-#5. If I manage those and keep my calories in check for the next two and a half weeks, then it really doesn't matter to me what the scale says. In the meantime, I am confident and proud of the things I have accomplished.
Why are you proud of yourself????
You are doing GREAT, do NOT let the scale get to you. You are at or around your goal and the body naturally fluctuates. And you are working out a LOT, and your clothes fit great and you look awesome, so like you said, concentrate on that :)
ReplyDeleteHey - where do you guys go to Zumba? My friend Nellie and I are investigating other class options. Let me know. :)
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question, I am proud that if you asked me to run 3 miles right now I could do it. It might take me awhile (as I am not a very fast runner) but I could make it happen. Seeing as how back in July I could barely run for a minute at a time I'm pretty pleased with that!