Monday, August 9, 2010

Exercise: Changing It Up

Lately I've really been missing my Jillian workouts.  I miss the resistance training.  I know my abs, especially my lower abs, aren't as strong as they used to be (I tried to do some lower ab crunches and yow!).  So I've decided to revamp my weekly exercise schedule to incorporate Jillian once a week.  For now, I think that's managable.  I will be reducing my runs to two days a week, maintaining zumba at two days a week, and Jillian once a week. 

My runs are now more focused on endurance as opposed to learning how to run.  It's at the mind-game point now.  The point where you just keep pushing yourself to keep on going.

I had considered incorporating two or three circuits of No More Trouble Zones following my runs, but the more I thought about it, the more (for the present time) that didn't seem realistic from an energy stand point and from a getting-up-early-enough-in-the-morning standpoint.

My schedule now looks something like this:
S: Jillian or Rest
M: Zumba
Tu: Run
W: Jillian or Rest (depending on what happened Sunday)
Th: Zumba
F: Run
S: Rest

How often do you change up your exercise routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment