My dear friend,
Where to begin? We've been through so much through the last several years. You've been the bearer of good and bad news. You've perked me up on down days, but you've also taken great days and put a damper on them.
You've had encouraging moments...even to the point where I would look forward to our weekly date. I was always so excited to see what you would have to say to me.
But lately, you're not the friend you once were. I no longer look forward to seeing you. I let you anger me, hurt me, and have way too much influence on how I feel and how I see myself. I'm better than that. I'm better than you.
I work hard every day to achieve my goals. And for the last several months, I've let you rain on that parade over and over and over. I've let my relationship with you overshadow my successes. It's been very hard for me to come to this conclusion, and that's why I'm writing you this note - to help make it more real for the both of us.
I am a strong person. I am a healthy person. I workout 4-5 times a week. I eat healthy foods in appropriate amounts (with, of course, the occasional treat). I am good at my job. I have a husband who thinks I'm beautiful and a daughter who loves me, despite what you say. I am a loyal friend. I care about those around me. And I am THROUGH letting you make me think otherwise.
This breakup will not be easy for either of us. Over the years, I've grown to depend on you, and that will be a hard bond to break. But I'm going to do it anyway. Yes, we may meet from time to time, and I may think of you occasionally, but your role in my show has been reduced from top billing to cameo appearance.
So farewell - Parting is such sweet sorrow. Or, you know, not.
~Liz~
_________
Dear World,
I'm Free! But bear with me while I deal with this breakup. It's really the best for everyone, but if you've ever broken up with someone, you know it can take some time to get that person out of your head.


Well played :)
ReplyDeleteEpic like
ReplyDeleteDid you throw it away?! GO GIRL!
ReplyDelete@ Kate No, it's still in the house b/c Brad uses it. We're just not speaking.
ReplyDelete