I remember the first time I went to Zumba. I tried to hide in a corner, faked through most of the class, and left feeling like maybe it wasn't for me. But, I decided to stick it out and try it again.
The second time was better - I was with my friends and I felt more comfortable...but still stayed a couple of rows back. I even remember a class where our row was full...over full actually. But there was a spot in the front row. We were too shy to take that spot.
Fast forward seven weeks. I do Zumba twice a week with my girls, and I look forward to it. I have fun, I work hard, and I leave feeling awesome. And has time has gone on, I've gained more confidence in the practice. No, I'm not perfect, and my hips certainly don't move as if they are double-jointed, but I have fun and I love how Zumba makes me feel.
When I got to the gym tonight, I was thrilled I got there early. Usually I fight traffic and get there in just enough time to set down my water and start the warm up. I hit the ladies' before class and my only thought was, "I gotta hurry so I can get my spot in the front row."
The front row.
Seriously?
I am VYING for the front row?
I must be crazy. But that's OK because I have fun.
I promptly called my good friend Stephanie to blame her for this. Because it is she who originally garnered my interest in Zumba. And now I'm hooked. Guess we're even now.
Also, a shout out to Sam and Katie, my Zumba gals! You guys make it fun!
It makes me so happy that you like Zumba :) And I'm glad you tried out the front row and like it. I put so much more effort into my workout when I'm in the front - I feel like it's my responsibility. Why do you like the front row?
ReplyDelete