Monday, June 28, 2010

Dedication At It's Finest

Yesterday was a crazy day.  We traveled to KC for a weekend with the ol' college crowd, and started running the second we got home.  I ran to WM to get some food for the next couple of days, some dinner for B and me, and stuff to celebrate a birthday at the office.  Then the stuff for the birthday celebration actually had to be BAKED (dangerous...).  Let's not forget I had to start W3 of the 5K training.  And somehow, it all got done!

NSVs
  • I stepped on the treadmill at 8:30 last night.  I was proud of myself for sucking it up and going for it, even though it was late and I was exhausted.
  • I did not sample any of my baked goods.
  • I drank 64 oz of water.
Week 3 Training
This week's running interval is, I feel, much tougher than last week.  The interval repeats itself twice:
  • Run 90 seconds
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Run 3 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes
Three minutes is three times as long as the runs I started on and twice as long as my runs last week!  I ran on the treadmill last night because it was 1) late and 2) storming.  When I ran, I was running at 6.3-6.5 mph and walking at 4.5 mph.  I was very proud of myself.  And I'd be lying if I said I didn't imagine Jillian screaming at me if I started to wane.  It felt great when I was done - I felt accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment