According to my calendar, this is the 23rd week of the year...so we'll go with that.
I decided this week to train to run a 5K. I was inspired by the woman on Jillian's Losing It this week. If she can do it, I can certainly do it. So 9/25 is the big race. My only goal is to complete the whole thing running. Brad is going to train with me. I'm not a runner...in fact, I've never really liked running. But...for some reason I feel like I need to do this. So. I'm going to. I downloaded an app to my iPod to keep me going and help with the training. We'll see how this goes. I'm kind of excited about it! I'll train on the running 3x a week, then do some other form of exercise 2x a week with two days of rest.
Goal #1: I have not been on a scale since before we left for Mexico. At first I didn't want to weigh myself because I knew it would be bad and I didn't need that little shit to remind me. Now I feel pretty good about how I look, and I don't want that little shit to spoil it for me. Today I am wearing my new size 6 jeans and out of the dryer, they fit well. That's all I need. Well, and this remote....
Goal #2: Exercise: Fell short last week, but made up for it this week. I got in 110 minutes. I'm still kind of "eh" on the whole thing, but I'm hoping the running will help relight the fire - something new, you know?
Goal #3: I'm working on the last square and a half on p. 13. I'm hoping to have that DONE by the end of this coming week.
With no car goal right now....I guess that's it. I will add the 5K goal to the list I think...count down my weeks of training and all that. For not being halfway through the year and having two of my original 5 goals met....that's pretty awesome.
I need to see photos of your stitching project. It sounds amazing. I did some cross stitch back in the 90s. I even did a quilt for my niece when she was born (she's 13 now). I enjoyed it.
ReplyDelete