I did it. This morning I drug myself out of bed at 5:40, threw on my work out clothes and hit the pavement for my third run of the week. Despite a slow start (I wasn't as far along as I wanted to be when my British friend instructed me to begin my first run), I covered more distance than I did on Tuesday.
Next weeks intervals are a little more challenging. Sunday won't be bad: 90 seconds running then 90 seconds walking; alternating. Tuesday and Thursdays interval are alternating intervals lasting 3 minutes each.
There's a hill I'm training on. We'll call it the GG Hill (abbreviation of street name). It beings its steady incline immediately and continues to the point where I currently turn onto another street. I constantly debate if I should work on GG Hill or avoid it all together. On the one hand, it would certainly be easier to avoid it and run on a more level surface. But at the same time, if I can conquer this hill and run on it and rock it, then that just suits me better physically. Plus, whatever terrain will be on the race route would be easy as pie. So for next week I'm going to keep pushing up GG Hill. Bring it on!!!
My NSVs today (NSVs: Non-Scale Victories):
We celebrated a coworker's 40th Anniversary with the organization today. Her supervisor brought in cake from Cold Stone Creamery. And I politely said "no." I did not believe the few moments of "omg-yum" were worth the 400+ calories.
I got through today with only one (yes: ONE) Diet Coke (more on my possible break up or at least partial break up with Diet Coke later). As a result I drank more water, and even enjoyed a cup of mixed berry green tea. Yum.
My very dear Stephanie has started a blog about HER journey with weight loss and fitness. Her blog actually inspired me to share MY blog with "the world." Today, she wrote about how she started healing her relationship with food and building a positive self-image, and she mentioned me. Check it out if you're interested. Her journey is incredibly inspiring and I'm so blessed to be a part of her journey. Thank you Stephanie: you're my favorite!
What were your NSVs today? What did you do today (or yesterday, or the day before) to make you proud of you?
No comments:
Post a Comment