Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thoughts from the Day

It's 10pm and I'm exhausted but I've had these thoughts running through my head all day and I have to get them out.  So, bear with me if none of this makes any sense.

First, I shockingly got myself out of bed this morning and went for my run.  5:30 am is when my alarm went off and I actually listened to it!  I was on the road running by 5:45.  Now, it was still 78 degrees, but for some reason it didn't feel AS hot.  My personal thought is it was because the street was cooler from the evening and the humidity wasn't as high as it is late in the day, say around 8pm.  I hit the halfway point further into my route, which means I'm covering more ground.  It wasn't by much, but every little bit counts.  I was proud of myself for actually doing it.  I couldn't believe it. 

The other thing that was so weird was going through the day knowing I dind't have to work out this evening.  That I had my workout over and done with and I could do what I wanted with my evening (stitched and watched Losing It).  Tomorrow is a rest day, so the next time I run will be Thursday morning.  Just a weird feeling.

Anyway....

So my friend Stephanie has started a blog about her journey through fitness and wellness, and I couldn't be prouder of her.  WIthin a week of starting this thing, she's been recognized and featured by local websites, not to mention the outpouring of support for her and her journey.  Between her awesomeness, and the fact that I LOVE to discuss nutrition and fitness, I've come to realize what a huge and important part of my life these things are and have been for many years.  Am I always perfect?  No (see second to last post).  Do I understand what I have to do when I'm not perfect?  Yeah.  Am I happier with myself and my personal image when I'm "on the wagon"?  Absolutely.

I'm not saying I want to go as far as to become a nutritionist or a personal trainer, but today I found myself wishing there were an outlet where I could just talk about it more.  Then I realized...I have this blog.  I may just continually ramble to my precious 8 followers, and you may get annoyed and drop off, but you're now along for the ride. 

So this blog is probably going to take a different direction.  Sure, I'll still focus on the goals I've set for myself this year.  But I also want to start focusing on general fitness and wellness, not just physical, but emotional and mental. 

I invite you to chime in on any topic at any time.  You are following this blog for a reason - - maybe you just want to stalk me or you are looking to make a change in your own life.  Whatever the reason, I hope you'll stick with me on this ride. 

And on that note, I'm going to bed. 

3 comments:

  1. Let those thoughts out Liz! You’ll be surprised how much the thoughts, stories and accomplishments that you’ll share on your blog will help other people and then in return help you. Awesome job on the early workout. I’ve tried that before and not done well. I bet it’s a great feeling knowing your workout is done for the day and enjoying your evening. Thanks for the nice words about my blog and your support. You have so much to share and I’m really looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, girl! You are an amazing woman, friend & mother. You have been such an inspiration and a huge support to me through my own journey back to myself. Thank you for being my cheerleader! I'm right here to cheer YOU on. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your blog is awesome Liz! After just having had a baby, I understand the difficulties of managing it all and trying to lose the weight as well. Your blog has been (and I'm sure will continue to be) inspirational!

    ReplyDelete