Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ugh...

This weekend was amazing.  Brad and I celebrated five years of marriage and had a night out without the baby Friday night.  Saturday night I went out with a girlfriend of mine for some dinner then to see Wicked (a-freaking-mazing btw), and today was Father's Day.  Lots of fun was had - a lot of laughing, family time, quality time with an old friend, etc etc.

But the food.  Dear God the Food.  Indulge me as I tell you a pornographic tale of food.

Friday: Lunch at Panera with the family.  1/2 turkey artichoke panini.  Seems like nothing special but dear Lord.  Amazing.  Then let's talk about dinner.  Brad and I went to Soulard.  Cornflake crusted chicken tenders with spicy honey mustard and thyme.  Then onion petals (Like onion rings except WOW) and a burger, medium rare, with bacon, bleu cheese, and onions cooked in Guiness.

Saturday: Doughnut holes.  Sub sandwiches from a fantastic local place.  Then the wine bar....Lord have mercy.  Thin crust veggie pizza with fresh basil, squash, dried cranberries, tomatoes, a cheese plate with bleu cheese, brie, gouda, and something else amazing and tasty.  Argentinian malbec.  After the show: Ted Drewes.

Sunday: Pancakes.  Charleys subs for lunch.  Italian beef and braised buffalo chicken wings.


Seriously. Amazing. Food.  But....hellO FOOD BABY!  Holy hell my stomach resembles my 17th  week of pregnancy.  Yow.  And it feels kind of sore.  HEck, I went for my training run this evening and my body literally HURT from all of the food.  I mentioned to Brad that food was so amazing, but why does it have to HURT???? 

OK, enough complaining.  Time to buckle down.  I am actually looking forward to my "food detox" this week....before we go to KC for the weekend.  Go figure.  Breakfasts and lunches will look a lot like this:

Breakfast: Low fat cottage cheese or yogurt and fruit
Lunch: Spinach salad with beans, low fat salad dressing, and protein (tuna, hard boiled egg, etc) + cheese stick, hummus & vegetables

Brad and I are discussing dinners for the week.

I broke ALL of the rules this weekend.  Time to get back to them. 

In other news, I completed my first week of 5K training and have started week 2.  Last week my three runs were alternating 1 minute of running with 1.5 minutes of walking.  My run tonight was 1.5 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking.  I'm fairly certain that's how the whole week is going to be.  My only real "issue" right now is the heat.  Damn it's hot, even at 8 pm.  Maybe I should consider getting my butt out of bed and get the run over with in the morning when it's still in the low 70s.....

2 comments:

  1. This morning 78 degrees when I left the house at 7am. Not much better in the early day. I'm thinking about dusting off the treadmill mostly because I really enjoy climate control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenn it was about that this morning too....but the street didn't have the heat of the day. And there was a breeze. :o)

    ReplyDelete